We’re excited to hear you are interested in joining the Economy team!
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
About the role
We are delighted to offer a role supporting our editorial team who run our news and entertainment platform ecnmy.org. You’ll be working directly with our editorial team including our Editor, Video Producer and Associate Director of Communications & Campaigns. You will gain first hand experience of how we develop and distribute our News and Voices content.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) fixed term post for six months. We are also willing to consider part time applicants 0.6-0.9 FTE.
- Start date is January 2022. The exact date will be agreed with the successful candidate.
- It is paid at £21,294 pro rata (just above London Living Wage)
- The role will be based in our London office in Finsbury Park with a hybrid / flexible working policy in place.
- 7% employer matched pension after probation, flexible working, 25 days holiday per year (+ bank holidays)
Economics is underpinned by a way of thinking dominated by White men who have studied and worked in a small number of institutions. We’re looking for people that bring a different perspective. We’re interested in hearing from women, non-binary people and people from working class backgrounds. We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates who identify as British Muslim and/or have knowledge of and are committed to supporting British Muslim communities.
How to apply and how the process will work
To apply please submit your CV alongside either a 500 word:
- News article on a recent economic story written in a way that breaks down the key issues and connects them to people’s everyday lives (see here recent stories we’ve covered for inspiration)
- Opinion / voice piece about your own or your community’s economic experiences (see here for some examples and here for some questions to get you thinking)
Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm Sunday 7th November and fill out this diversity monitoring form. We will select candidates through a review of written applications to produce a short-list. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. These interviews will be conducted via online video calls with Economy staff on w/c 22nd November.
Not the role you are looking for? Sign up to our organisational newsletter to be kept in the loop about future opportunities.